Victron Energy – LiFePO4 Battery 12,8V/150Ah Smart – BAT512116610
The Victron 150Ah Lithium Battery Smart is the highest quality battery on the market. Built to last with built-in battery monitoring, this battery will make off-grid energy easy.
- With integrated cell balancing
- Can be parallel and series connected
- Bluetooth app available to monitor cell voltage and temperature
Lithium-iron-phosphate (LiFePO4 or LFP) is the safest of the mainstream li-ion battery types. The nominal
voltage of a LFP cell is 3,2V (lead-acid: 2V/cell). A 12,8V LFP battery, therefore, consists of 4 cells connected in
series; and a 25,6V battery consists of 8 cells connected in series.
Victron 150Ah Lithium Battery battery does not need to be fully charged. Service life even slightly improves in case of partial charge instead of a full charge. This is a major advantage of LFP compared to lead acid.
Other advantages are the wide operating temperature range, excellent cycling performance, low internal resistance and high efficiency.
Lithium battery chemistry of choice for demanding applications.
- In several applications (especially off-grid solar and/or wind), energy efficiency can be of crucial importance.
- The round-trip energy efficiency (discharge from 100% to 0% and back to 100% charged) of the average leadacid battery is 80%.
- The round-trip energy efficiency of a LFP battery is 92%.
- The charge process of lead-acid batteries becomes particularly inefficient when the 80% state of charge has been reached, resulting in efficiencies of 50% or even less in solar systems where several days of reserve energy is required (battery operating in 70% to 100% charged state).
- In contrast, a LFP battery will still achieve 90% efficiency under shallow discharge conditions.
Size and weight
- Saves up to 70% in space
- Saves up to 70% in weight
- LFP batteries are expensive when compared to lead-acid. But in demanding applications, the high initial cost will be more than compensated by longer service life, superior reliability and excellent efficiency.
- With Bluetooth cell voltages, temperature and alarm status can be monitored.
- Instant readout: The VictronConnect App can display the most important data on the Device list page without the need to connect to the product.
- Very useful to localize a (potential) problem, such as cell imbalance.